• Teach weekly English classes to a range of ages and abilities
• Make good use of our extensive course materials and technology in the classroom and ensure students learn in an engaging manner
• Plan lessons and prepare teaching materials in advance, and use our ODIN system to input students’ grades and lesson content
• Cooperate with colleagues and communicate effectively to help ensure efficient operation of the school
• Carry out teaching related responsibilities including demo classes, special student events, conversation clubs, tutorials, seminars, presentations, etc.
• Attend and support with the organization of school social events
• Attend weekly trainings, workshops and staff meetings
• Native English speakers with a Bachelor’s degree
• A TEFL or TESOL certificate (120 hours)
• Teaching experience preferred but not required
• Professional and passionate about teaching children
• Patient and culturally aware
Teaching & Work Hours
• 40 total work hours per week (includes planning time and classes)
• Up to 20 teaching hours per week in the non-peak season
• Up to 26 teaching hours per week for summer/winter courses (8 weeks per year)
• Fully legal Z work visas and residence permit
• 1,000 RMB in visa costs reimbursed by the school (with receipts)
• Flight: 9,000 RMB per year. Paid in 4,500 RMB installments every 6 months.
• Performance: Up to 3,000 RMB per year. Performance assessed quarterly.
• Referral: 3,000 RMB for referring a friend to work at EF Ningbo
• Loyalty: 3,000 RMB for signing a second-year contract
• Housing: 2,000 RMB per month
Our admin staff locates apartments for teachers, which teachers then pay for using the housing allowance mentioned above. Housing costs from 2000 RMB to 2500 RMB per month. We put teachers up in a hotel upon arrival until they’ve moved in to their apartment.
• Free online Chinese classes through EF’s Chinesetown
• Free professional teaching certification through the Cambridge TKT
• 11 national holidays + 10-15 days paid annual leave days
Medical and dental insurance though Aetna provided and paid for by the school.
11 national holidays + 10 paid annual leave days
From the date the teacher accepts an offer and sends all required documents to us (we will give a list when you accept the offer), it will take 3-4 weeks for us to get the work permit notification. We process the notification in Ningbo and send it to the teacher. The teacher goes to the nearest Chinese consulate abroad and applies for a Z visa.
If you want to know more, please see the information below :
Video about our school: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4j0R6oWx2qQ