*Driving Cambodia’s development through English teaching.*
Conversations With Foreigners is seeking volunteer teachers to teach Khmer students English at our language center in Phnom Penh, Cambodia, starting August 30th 2017. Next terms in November 2017, February 2018 and May 2018.
Profits from student fees help provide a sustainable source of core funding for the development projects of our partner NGO's.
CWF’s unique in-house curriculum draws on the student’s desire to share their traditions and uphold their cultural identity. Content reflects the realities of Cambodia and incorporates many aspects of Cambodian life. This is effective in motivating students to practice their English and promotes a balanced cross-cultural dialogue between them and their teachers.
Volunteering with us will give you those opportunities:
• between 3 to 4.5 hours per day from Monday to Friday
• 3-month teaching ESL program with about 200 hours of classroom experience
• an easy curriculum to follow
• lead your students to create conversations
• exchange your culture with students who come from all walks of life: high school and university students, Buddhist monks, tuk tuk drivers etc.
• And an awesome team of volunteers to support each others !
Because being a volunteer is a real gift to us, we also offer many to you:
• Teacher Training incl. weekly workshops, observations, one on one feedback, etc.
• Airport Pickup.
• 10 Day Orientation.
• No 'programme fee'. You only have to cover your own expenses.
• 24 / 7 Living support, incl. Khmer language lessons, social activities, day trips, travel arrangements, cooking lessons etc.
• You directly contribute to grass roots development projects!
• A range of organized social activities
• Excellent opportunity for new ESL teachers to get some experience and test the waters abroad, while developing teaching skills
• At an extra-cost, you can visit one of the projects to see the real impact of your participation
• (optional) We have secure accommodation available for only US$725 / 12 weeks incl. meals! Or we can help you to have your own accommodation !
Join us and learn to give to receive priceless gifts: thanks from a nation with a deep history, living in so close but also different world, a sunny culture where you'll hardly catch a cold and environments worth quitting the urban western world.
• Native or near-native level of English
• 18+ years of age
• TEFL / TESOL / CELTA (or on going certification)
• Motivation and enthusiasm for the challenge
Visit our website for more info and to apply: