BELL – Beyond English Language Learning specialises in creative, engaging and innovative English language Summer camps throughout Italy, and we want fun, enthusiastic and responsible individuals to join us as Camp Leaders this Summer!
• Manage a team of Bell tutors, ensuring the smooth-running of camp
• Co-ordinate large group activities for all students at the camp
• Facilitate the students’ final showcase to parents
• Act as the first point of contact for the tutors under your supervision, providing guidance and advice, and assisting with student behaviour management where necessary
• Liaise directly with our clients at camp, maintaining professional standards and relationships
• Although not responsible for your own class, Camp Leaders may need to step in and teach a class
• Lead songs, games and activities in a fun and engaging manner
• Work with children in a creative, supportive and engaging learning environment
• Act as a role model for new and returning Bell Summer Camp students
• Represent and promote Bell programmes, methods and values
• Create and maintain positive relationships between Bell and the Camp Directors, host families, participating schools, tutors and students
Being a Camp Leader involves managing one of our larger camps where we facilitate and encourage learning through games, songs, creative activities such as arts & crafts and performance showcases.
We aim to make English language learning fun for both tutors and students; “Edutainment” is at the heart of our work!
A typical day at camp starts and ends with the students singing English songs together. The rest of the day is divided between the children working in small groups with their own personal tutor and taking part in big activities with the rest of the camp. The overall aim of the camps is to give children the motivation and the confidence to speak the language.
• Fun, enthusiastic, high energy and self sufficient
• Strong leadership and problem solving skills
• Ability to manage a team of tutors
• Flexible in teaching style and with a willingness to learn new teaching methods
• Creativity and the ability to facilitate a variety of large group programmes (including sports, arts and crafts, theatre, games etc.)
• Genuine interest in (and preferably previous experience) working with children
• Open-minded, with an interest in learning about other cultures and societies
• Enjoy working both independently and as part of a team
• You must be a native English speaker who is eligible to work in the EU
• Tutors must attend one 3-day training session based in Italy (arrival date options: 6th of June or 13th of June), and begin as a tutor at camp immediately following your training, for a minimum 2 week contract.
Training 1 – 6th of June
Training 2 – 13th of June
Contract Length: Two weeks minimum following training (to 24/6/2017 following training 1; or to the 1/7/2017 following training 2)
Job Type: Paid, €440 after tax every 2 weeks – all meals and accommodation included throughout your stay.
Added Extras: Receive extensive BELL training in Italy, provided free of charge, with accommodation and food included.
Tutors experience Italian culture first-hand at a local level through homestay accommodation, with full bed and board provided by your host family.
Bell Beyond Training will equip you with the necessary skills to become an excellent tutor in areas such as classroom management, planning and preparation, classroom games, crafts and large group activities.
Training takes place over a three-day period (Training 1 arrival date: 6th of June; Training 2 arrival date: 13th of June 2017), following which tutors travel to their first camp! Your accommodation and food is provided throughout this time.
Please note that you must only attend one training session, but must be available to go to camp for a minimum of two weeks immediately following this.
Tutors who attend training 1 must be available until Saturday 24th of June, or if attending training 2 must be available to the 1st of July. However, you can apply to be a tutor for as many consecutive weeks beyond this as you are available!
If you’re interested and would like to learn more about our company and what we do, visit our website, our Facebook page and our YouTube channel. Take a look around and watch some videos from last year’s camps!
To apply: The best way to apply is to submit your application by filling out the Tutors’ Application Form and clicking “send” on our website here. http://www.bellbeyond.com/en/tutors-application-form/
When filling in your application form in the box marked “Your surname as on passport (required)”, please write _LEADER after your surname e.g. Smith_LEADER
If you would like any further information or assistance with your application please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll be happy to help!