CENTER FOR INTERAMERICAN STUDIES
ENGLISH TEACHER JOB DESCRIPTION
Job Title EFL Teacher
Department CEDEI English Program
Reports to Director of the English Program
Education Level University Degree in any field, preferred in Education but not required
Professional Certification TEFL, TESOL or CELTA
Requirement English native speaker / fluent English speaker
Role Development, delivery, and support of academic programs in line with CEDEI's standards and policies.
Experience Not required but preferred: experience teaching children, teenagers, and/or adults.
* Plan, prepare, and teach lessons for the classroom: select and sequence appropriate materials, resources and approches according to the course's requirements/standards and learners' needs.
* Assess and provide relevant and timely feedback on achievement, progress, and development needs of students.
* Carry out assessments as appropriate and turn in grades on time as requested.
* Supervise students' attendance and behavior as appropriate.
* Develop materials and resources to complement the material in the students' book and workbook as needed.
* Evaluate and give feedback on materials, courses, and lessons to the academic director as needed.
* Attend academic meetings (workshops – general teacher meetings) when required.
* Encourge students to participate in all activities.
* Adhere to the standards and procedures detailed in the English Teacher Manual.
* Deal with students' issues/emergencies in the classroom if/when they arise – immediately contact an English Program's representative if needed.
* Adhere to CEDEI's regulations, policies and procedures.
ID#3718LocationFederico Proaño 3-20 and Aurelio Aguilar , Cuenca, Cuenca, EcuadorType of schoolLanguage Center
The English Program offers English classes to over 1000 students each 10-week cycle and has a staff of generally 50 teachers per cycle. We have classes for all ages and all levels. Our children's classes include students ages 8-11. Our teenager and adult levels consist of four beginner levels, four intermediate levels, five advanced levels, and a final oral and written expression level. The aim of our program is for our students to finish with a high level of English (C1 CEFR). We also offer speaking/listening courses to help student become better and gain confidence in these skills. Our classes are structured around a clear curriculum, and we provide all textbooks to teachers and have a vast array of resources.
CEDEI's English teachers come from different parts of the world, are of different ages, and come with different life experiences. All this contributes to a rich cultural exchange between our students and teachers. We look for teachers who love what they do and enjoy interacting with their students.
Our main location is situated right downtown in Cuenca, a block and a half from the central plaza, Parque Calderón. Our building houses the English Program, our main administrative offices, classrooms and our computer lab. Our location provides easy access to other important, central areas in the city.